Have some music, friendslist!
frank sinatraall of me
- one of my favourite memories ever is kitchendinah
spontaneously bursting out into this jazzy little tune in the parking lot of a bar in Baltimore. ♥!!angel eyes
- sinatra closed the last concert of his career with this tune. what drama!don't fence me in
- and he fucks up in the middle of the song. ahaaha!i'm a fool to want you
- i love the different modulations in this song: slightly angry to soaringly emotional to plaintive and back again.if you go away
- the opening verse is hushed and grey, and then swells up into hope. it's so neat.old man river
- the very very last part of this song has a long low note with astounding breath control that just gives me shivers.one for my baby (and one more for the road)
- LOVE.three coins in the fountain
- the way he hits the phrasing just a little differently with each pass!time after time
- lots of people like frank's voice after his throat hemorrhage in the early 50s, but i must confess - i like the early stuff.you make me feel so young
- y'all might have heard this most recently performed by stewie griffin, heh.you'll never walk alone
- he sounds quite young in this, all earnest and tremulous.young at heart
- i always think of that scene in 'liberty heights' where ben foster refuses to get out of the car while this song's playing, because you don't walk out on sinatra.
gene kellynew york, new york
- the "it's a wonderful town" version, with sinatra and jules munshin.take me out to the ballgame
- gene's hollering at the end pretty much makes this rendition!i've got a crush on you
- i totally love sinatra's version of this, but for some reason i don't have it available, so you get gene's.singin' in the rain
- because i had to include this.
The reason for this is because dramedy
was daydreaming the other day about Gene Kelly slash, and as I have noted here and elsewhere before, I am nothing if not suggestible.( just one thing necessary in manhattan )